Our client is a leading and highly regarded main contacting construction company in New Zealand. With major projects in the wings they are looking at rapidly expanding their organisation and taking on experienced Quantity Surveyors in Christchurch.
They specialise in high end projects in commercial, retail, green star, civil, education, healthcare, heritage, residential and wellbeing.
This position is a permanent fulltime opportunity based in Christchurch and relocation assistance and sponsorship will be offered.
They have a fantastic reputation for high quality projects, reliable service and innovation in design and build.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly rewarding and challenging environment with an award winning company.
Your will form a pivotal function in carrying out projects and providing leadership.
In this role you will be required to:
- Handover on winning contract to the estimators
- Check tender documentation and any irregularities or discrepancies to be brought to the teams attention
- Deal with all project costs and keep a dairy of due payments, raising invoices and chase up anything outstanding in conjunction with the accounts department
- Project reporting, including those based on BOQ's, drawings and specifications or Design and Build basis
- Preparation of cost plans for use in 2-stage tenders / D&B, etc
- Delegate copying of drawings to site managers and relevant subcontractors using issue sheet or variation order
- Training and development of Assistant Surveyors and Technical trainees
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Have experience as a Quantity Surveyor working for a main contractor
- Have a Degree or Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- Experience working on commercial projects, retail, residential, education, hotels and other commercial projects would be highly desirable
- An in depth knowledge of construction materials and procedures
- Have at least 5-7 years experience
- Strong technical capabilities and client liaison ability
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary, a healthy work/life balance and the opportunity to work for a friendly and vibrant company.
For a confidential discussion or to apply please contact Andrea at Fuse International Recruitment on 07803 824 523 OR hit the Apply button.