Our client is a leading main contacting construction company situated and operational throughout the South East of England. My client is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
They specialise in the projects across commercial, education, healthcare, heritage, residential, social housing and community sectors.
This company has a head office in Sussex with projects all across the South East of England.
They have a fantastic reputation for high quality projects, reliable service and innovation.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly rewarding and challenging environment with a construction company where you will be exposed to many aspects of their current projects.
Your will form a pivotal function in carrying out projects and providing leadership.
In this role you will be required to:
- Handover on winning contract to the estimators
- Check tender documentation and any irregularities or discrepancies to be brought to the teams attention
- Deal with all project costs and keep a dairy of due payments, raising invoices and chase up anything outstanding in conjunction with the accounts department
- Project reporting, including those based on BOQ's, drawings and specifications or Design and Build basis
- Preparation of cost plans for use in 2-stage tenders / D&B, etc
- Delegate copying of drawings to site managers and relevant subcontractors using issue sheet or variation order
- Training and development of Assistant Surveyors and Technical trainees
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Have experience in a quantity surveyor role
- Being a member of the RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) or IOB would be high advantageous
- Experience working on social housing, residential, education, retail and hotels and other commercial projects would be highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Strong technical capabilities and client liaison ability
- Driving license holder and own car
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary, a healthy work/life balance and the opportunity to work for a friendly and vibrant company.
For a confidential discussion or to apply please contact Andrea at Fuse International Recruitment on 07803 824 523 OR hit the Apply button.