Our client is a leading design/construction and engineering company situated in Melbourne and has developed a reputation for high quality commercial projects around the world. The company has been successfully involved in and carried out prestigious and award winning projects around the globe with the focus on high performance and quality building.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly rewarding and challenging environment with a leading company where you will be exposed to many aspects of the industry.
In this role you will be required to:
- Review the contract documents
- Preparation of contractual and commercial qualifications
- Assist in compiling the tender responses
- Lead contract planning and negotiations; contract compilation and issues (in conjunction with legal contract management)
- Commercial management of contracts and subcontracts (post award) to ensure the management of claims and variations and timely invoicing
- Keep up to date with market trends and new developments utilizing information for business improvement
- Set plans to achieve business goals
- Liaise effectively between the tendering departments, Project Management and the key Stake Holders of the Business
- Be continually driving continuous improvement of commercial processes through refining contract formulation activities, systems and procedures
- Assist the quotations and submitted and selecting the bidders with which the commercial/financial negotiations may be conducted
- Manage and resolves business conflicts with the builders/subcontracts
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in law, Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering related field and minimum 8 years of Australian commercial construction experience
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating Australian building construction
- Strong problem solving ability and able to work in a team environment to achieve key project deliverables
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Strong technical capabilities and client liaison ability
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary, a healthy work/life balance and the opportunity to work for a friendly and vibrant company.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager in the Infrastructure arena. For a confidential discussion or to apply please contact Tim Marget at Fuse Recruitment on 03 9981 5900 OR hit the Apply button below.